Age III Mac Gold
Congratulations to all the hard working people who made this happen for our Mac fans out there. The team at MacSoft recently announced that the game has gone gold and will be available very soon!
The guys at Inside Mac Games cornered Ensemble's Greg Street for an interview on all things Age III, in anticipation of the game's release. They also have a preview up for you Mac fans.
Plymouth Holiday Map
Visit our WarChiefs downloads section for a new festive custom map, Plymouth! The map is a veritable cornucopia of Pilgrims, pumpkins, and envoys.
(requires Patch 1.01)
Happy holidays from all of us here at Ensemble Studios!
Plymouth Custom Map | 11/20/06
WCG 2006 Holiday Clash
Fire up WarChiefs and prepare for a battle this holiday season as the WCG and Intel bring you the 2006 Holiday Clash! There is more than $16,000 in prizes, including cash and Intel hardware to take home, so you aren't going to want to miss it. Registration ends on December 7th.
"The WCG 2006 Holiday Clash celebrates the Intel Core 2 Extreme processor by setting up two ultimate holiday gaming tournaments. We're featuring 2 games and 2 identical sets of prizes.
Think you've got what it takes to dominate in QUAKE 4* or Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs*? Well it's time to put your gaming to the extreme test: The WCG 2006 Holiday Clash online gaming tournament is your chance to load up on some killer prizes and serious bragging rights."
Tournament Information | 11/14/06
WarChiefs Patch 1.01 Released
Patch 1.01 for the WarChiefs expansion is now available through the in-game auto updater or from our game updates page. Click "Help and Tools" then click "Update Game" to get the latest version. This patch includes several balance changes and bug fixes.
If you have any mods for Age of Empires III installed, it is recommended that you uninstall them before installing new patches.
WarChiefs Patch Coming
Patch 1.01 for The WarChiefs is currently in final testing and will be available soon. The patch mainly addresses balance issues and a few exploits that players have found. Here is a complete list of what the patch will address:
- Bonus from the Agents card reduced from +200% hitpoints to +50%.
- The 8 Spy home city cards for the British and Portuguese moved to the third age from the second age. If you have this card in your deck, the card will be moved to the third age in your deck as well.
- Cards that reduce the wood cost of buildings changed to prevent building cost from being zero or negative.
- Wallenstein contract now affects the new WarChiefs mercenary units.
- Queued shipments from your home city are now removed properly during revolution.
- British team animal fattening cards now work as described.
- Reduced longbow ranged attack by 2 and hand attack by 1.
- Fixed a possible exploit with shipments from team cards.
- Fixed several new cards that did not have a shipment cost.
NETWORK AND ESO FIXES
- Fixed a bug with stats uploading
- Fixed an issue that caused some users to be stuck on the "Connecting to ESO..." dialog box.
- Statistics window rendering fixes.
Blog Update And Farewell Matty
Bruce Shelley has updated his blog, once again sharing some of the latest happenings here at Ensemble Studios. Some of you probably know or have heard of Matt Scadding, better known as "maimin_matty" to most old time Age players. Matty and his family recently made the decision to move back to Canada, leaving Ensemble Studios. I think Bruce summed things up very well, Matty was a great guy to work with and we wish him the absolute best.
Bruce's Blog | 11/07/06